This is my last weekend of the Summer of 2015.
Monday I report to work, this year as a 3rd grade teacher in the county that I live in.
As I look back on the last few months, I celebrate that I had time to:
– attend PD run by my new county for 7 days
– attend TCRWP Reading Institute (the best 5 days!!)
– join a Writing Group and meet with them most Mondays at 9am in July and August
– posted every Tuesday to the TwoWritingTeachers SOL, often the writing I was working on with the Writing Group
– read 4 books within a virtual book club, posting my writing about reading to a shared google doc and participating in 2 twitter chats about the process at #WabtR
– read Colleen Cruz’ Unstoppable Writing Teacher book and met with a colleague to discuss how to use the ideas in this book with our next group of students
– took my mom on a road trip for a week to see cousins and my daughter (VA-Louisville-Chicago-Ohio-VA)
– many breakfast, lunch, and dinner get-togethers with family and friends, a relaxing time to reconnect and catch up
I celebrate summer as a teacher. It gave me nine weeks to rest and have time to think about my practice and time to work on my reading and writing while taking breaks to catch up with family and friends.